A Love for Creating Smiles
I love having the opportunity, every day, to improve the lives of my patients. By correcting bites and creating a beautiful smile, I ensure patients have stronger oral health and greater self-esteem.
My father is an orthodontist. Since I was in high school, I knew I wanted to do what he does. He inspires me, especially seeing his patients being thrilled with their new smiles. I truly love my career, and thrive when I am able to help my patients to smile with confidence.
I sincerely believe I am in one of the best professions in the world. Every day I have the opportunity to meet unique, wonderful people. I enjoy fascinating conversations and am constantly learning, all while making a lasting, positive difference in each person’s life. — Dr. Nelson Diaz
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in biology – Florida International University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- General practice residency – University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship in implant dentistry – University of Miami / Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Certificate in orthodontics – Nova Southeastern University
- Adjunct Faculty - Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine/ Department of Orthodontics
Each year, Dr. Diaz takes many hours of continuing education (CE). He is committed to providing the highest standard of orthodontic treatment, and CE enables him to stay current with the latest technologies and approaches, which he incorporates into his patients’ care. Dr. Diaz regularly attends general orthodontic seminars, as well as seminars on temporary anchorage devices, clear aligners, and dental lasers.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Florida Association of Orthodontists
- Florida Dental Association
- Pan-American Dental Association, past president
Happily married, Dr. Diaz and his wife have two wonderful girls, as well as a Cocker Spaniel. His family is everything to him. They enjoy their time together and with friends. The family likes to go to the movies, attend Orlando City Soccer Club games, and pursue many outdoor activities. Dr. Diaz enjoys staying active, as well, and can often be found running, playing tennis, or playing soccer.
Please click here to schedule an appointment.